Looking for more ways to trim a few bucks from your budget? Check out some of these tips to help you save some extra cash on a day-to-day basis…
- Bundle your errands into one long, massive trip per week, so that you can save on fuel costs.
- Keep copies of your receipts in an envelope or file folder, organised by store or by month. You’ll need these if anything breaks.
- Reduce the amount that you dine out. This alone can probably save you R1000 per month or more.
- Check prices online before buying something at a retail store.
- Paint your own toenails instead of getting pedicures. Brew coffee at home rather than buying coffee out. “Stop buying lattes” may sound cliche, but it’s become a cliche because it strikes a chord with so many people.
- Plug appliances into a power socket. Flip the socket switch off whenever you’re not using one of those appliances. You’ll save on the cost of ‘phantom energy’ – the slow drain of energy that comes from keeping things plugged in.
- Keep your home a little hotter in the summer and a little colder in the winter. You don’t need to go overboard, just don’t use your air conditioner as much and turn your heater down a few notches.
- Service and maintain your car. It may feel like an extra expense but you’ll save big bucks in the long run.